Chi-town Trip

Hello again!

I'm back form my week long trip to Chi-town and I can't wait to share it with you. Most of the trip was spent visiting family but I did go to a few different museums and travel around a bit.

We flew out on Wednesday afternoon and it was actually a pretty great flight up until we hit Indiana. There was a large storm in the Chicago area so instead of flying through Indiana our pilot flew us through Missouri and around the storm. It added about an extra hour to the flight and it made for a bump ride once we got closer. But honestly, it was kinda fun.

I tired to get some pictures of the actual storm when we flew through it but there was so much turbulence that none of them came out clear. 
But once we were through the storm is was clear and the sun was beginning to set. There's probably a metaphor in there somewhere.
And that was pretty much the whole day, we went to IHop later that night after picking up our bags and our rental car.

The next day (Thursday) was a pretty chill day, it was our "neighbourhood" day. We started the day off the same we start off any trip, with breakfast at Baker's Square.
I literally can't describe how amazing the food was. I hate diner's, typically, Baker's Square is one of the only two exceptions I ever make. The other being Waffle House, because if you've ever had Waffle House you know how good the food is.
A quick little outfit of day: The crop top and matching skirt were both made by me as well at the cardigan I'm wearing. I'll get into those more in a different post, one focusing more on my sewing.

After breakfast we drove around a lot, saw the neighbourhood things we wanted to see, thrifted a bit. We kept it pretty chill, especially because we knew we wanted to go to the cemetery, like we also do, and that takes about 3 - 4 hours on it's own. I'm not even exaggerating the time, we have a lot of family in that one cemetery.
That was pretty much the whole day. It was a very relaxed day and ended with spending time with my Aunties, who we spent the majority of the trip with.
Cheers xo

Comments