New Year, New Book Haul (January )

Bonjour again!
It's been a long time since I've blogged anything so I'm coming at you with three new book hauls. Yep. That's right, three! One for each month of this year.
I didn't realize how many books I've bought this year until I started taking pictures for this blog. But, my god. I've bought a lot..
I'm planning on seriously limiting myself and the number of books I next month. I'm thinking 5 is a decent number of books.
With that being said, let's get to the haul.
 The first book I bought in the month of January are Nasty Galaxy by Sophia Amoruso. I've borrowed this book from the library a couple of times but I've never actually finished it. I own Sophia Amoruso's other book #GIRLBOSS so now I feel like I have the whole collection. And this book was only $10 at Barnes n Noble when I bought it!
The next book I bought is The Secret Language of Astrology by Roy Gillett. This book was also on sale at Barnes n Noble when I bought it and honestly, I just want to learn more about astrology in this new year. It's one of my goals for 2019 so I thought this would be a good starting point for me.
So, in January I took a trip up to Orlando and I did a little book shopping while I was up there. I finally hopped on the The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo train and I've yet to read the book but I'm going to add it to my April TBR. I also bought Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. This one I have actually read but I haven't actually finished it. It's very close to becoming a book that I dnf because I am just not liking it. (I'm planning on a making a post later in the month about the books that I have DNFed.)
Now. My really exciting purchase for the month of January was The Wicked King by Holly Black. And look at the cover!! This is actually the last book I finished and my only book for the month of March. I gave The Wicked King 5/5 stars. I thought this was a amazing follow up to the first book and there was no trace of a second book slump. And now I can't wait for the third book to come out!!
My three books all came from Books-A-Million and they were all impulse buys. I have a BAM in the mall I work in and it's about a 5 minute walk from my store so impulse buys have become a frequent problem for me!
The first book I bought was Crown Anthology by Analog de Leon and Gabriel Sage. This is a poetry collection written by many different poets. I LOVED THIS ANTHOLOGY. I am super snooty when it comes to poetry and I really hate most of the modern poetry that is being published today. (Don't worry, I've got a whole poetry blog post I writing up)I gave this collection a 5/5 stars and I'll definitely talk more about it in a separate blog post. 
The next book I bought was Damsel by Elana K. Arnold. This was a total cover buy for me. I mean look at it, it's gorgeous! This is a fairy tale sort of book where the prince saves the damsel in distress and the live happily ever after. Expect for the part where the damsel has no memory of her life before the prince saves her and the danger may still be coming. It sounds like an exciting fairy tale fantasy and I'm hoping to pick it up soon. I've been in a fantasy mood lately.
The last book I picked up in the month of January is Beneath the Citadel by Destiny Soria. This was also a cover buy because again, look at that beauty! But it also sounds interesting in it's own right. I don't know a ton about this book but from what I've gathered it's a bout a ragtag group of teens that are fighting back against the high council that rule their land. I'm a sucker for an underdog story so I'm excited to give this book a try!

Alrighty! That's it for my January book haul. This was actually my smallest book haul of the year so far, which is saying something for the book hauls to come! Until next time..
xo




Comments