Crochet Book Covers

Happy Wednesday!
So a while ago I posted this photo to my Instagram with a caption about matching my crocheted blankets to my books and it got me thinking. I think it would be really cool to start crocheting blankets based off of my my favourite book covers or based off of books that I'm currently reading.
Spoiler alert: I didn't actually crochet this blanket to match the cover of Andy Weir's The Martin but it did work out perfectly that way.
And that's what got my wheels turning. There are so many beautiful book covers out there that have great color pallets to go with them. and there are so many different type of blankets I can crochet to go along with them. I'm forcing myself to branch out and crochet different patterned blankets because I've made about 5 of the zig zag blanket in this picture lol! It's just my favourite pattern to do and I can make them so fast now! But at the same time, how many zig zag blankets does one girl really need? (Answer: probably like a dozen)
I have started a new 12 point star blanket. It's all black with bits of white and it's going to become a spider wed throw blanket! I realized that I didn't have any Halloween themed, or Autumn themed, blankets and Autumn is my favourite season! So I'm getting a jump start on it now.
Also, a note on the book shown below: I'm planning on writing up a full review of it just as soon as i get my hands on the sequel. I'm just waiting for it show up in my library because I really not wanting to spend money on it.
Anyway, my new blanket and the book match pretty nicely, if I do say so myself! I can't wait to keep you posted on which book I choose to be my first book blanket inspiration!
Cheers xo

Comments