Book Review: "Catch Me When I Fall"

(Photo Cred: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20826785-catch-me-when-i-fall)

Hola!

One of mew year's goals was to read more books and with that comes more book reviews! Which is something that I am really excited about. So with that let's jump into today's review of "Catch Me When I Fall" by Vicki Leigh.

I received "Catch Me When I Fall" for free as an Ebook through BookBub.com.
At first I was really excited about this book. The story is told in the first person by Daniel Graham who is a 17 year old Dreamcatcher and has been for the past 200 years. In this world there are Dreamcatchers. Dreamweavers, and nightmares. As a Dreamcatcher it is his job to fight off nightmares which as actual creatures. He is tasked with the job of protecting Kayla Bartlett who starts the story off in a mental institution. And the story progresses witches and wizards are introduced into the story and an epic battle unfolds.

I was pretty excited about the book because the concept of nightmares and Dreamcatchers was so interesting and new to me. Ultimately though I was really disappointed with the book. I thought it held the potential to something so great but in the end it fell flat for me. The beginning of the story was interesting but it quickly changed from an action story to an instalove story. I have nothing against romance, believe me I am a sucker for a good romance in a story. But the romance between the two main characters was just too easy and it consumed the rest of the story. It was pretty cliche.

Instalove aside, I found the rest of plot to be lacking and quite predictable. It was easy to guess what was going to happen before it happened and it all just felt too easy. I also thought the characters could have been developed more, they were interesting people but we just never get to meet them on more than a superficial level.

I rate this book 2 out of 5 stars.
(PS. you can follow me and my book adventure on Goodreads. Just click on link and it'll take you there!)

This was the first book I finished this year and I'm sad to say I didn't like it because I had so wanted to. But the truth is that I did not. No matter though, I won't let it dampen my reading for the year. Sometimes we read books that we don't like and that's okay because it makes the books we do like that much better!
Ciao xo





Comments