February Book Haul

Happy Monday!

Seeing as how it's almost the end of April I think now would be the best time to post my February book haul!
I've been a little busy this past month with reading and sewing, but mainly with work. I'm still finding it hard to properly schedule time to everything I want to do. (But that seems like a discussion for another post.)
For now, books!
The first book I bought in the month of February was Legendary by Stephanie Garber. I loved reading the first book in the series and I picked up the sequel the day after I finished Caraval. My problem is, I have trouble reading sequels. I don;t know what it is but I always seem to find it difficult to carry on with series, even when I love the first book! I;m making it a point to continue on with series this year though.
So, Books-a-million was having a sale back in February: Buy two get one Free *of equal or lesser value. So naturally I had to hop on that amazing sale! Each book was ten dollars so I felt confident in all my choices. I bought Grave Mercy by RObine Lafevers on a whim because it sounded like a good fantasy read. The Book Jumper by Mechthild Glaser used to get a lot of hype on Booktube back in the day and I want to hop on the really old band wagon! And finally, I got Cruel Crown by Victory Aveyard which is a novella bind up to the Red Queen series. I've read this bind up, I owned it and I lost it! I must have lost it somewhere in my move  and so, it only made sense to but it when it was on sale.
In the month of February I traveled up to Orlando for my best friend's birthday and while I was there I did a little book shopping. Something about the start of a new year and the coming of spring makes me want to read nonfiction books and books about food. So I bought In the Country We Love by Diane Guerrero which is her own book that deals with the deportation of her family from America. I also bought Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard. Basically, I have this love of Paris, Parisian food, and all things Paris really. So, a book about about Paris and food was everything I could ask for!
My next book for the month came from BAM's bargain book section. I used to hear a lot about this book on Booktube but then it just kind of fell off the face of the planet. And I'll be honest, I don't know the first thing about this book and I bought it solely on the past hype. But it was only five dollars and so I was worth taking the chance on a new fantasy series.
My final three books all came from a local thrift store. Thrifting books is one of my favourite things to do because you never know what gems you might find. The first book I got was A Question of Guilt: A Novel of Mary, Queen of Scot, and the Death of Henry Darnley by Julianne Lee. This is basically a historical fiction that follows Mary, Queen of Scots after the death of Henry Darnley and explores whether she is guilty for his murder, or not. I'm always down for a good historical fiction. My next book is Survive the Night by Danielle Vega. I bought this because I read her other book The Merciless and I really enjoyed it, however, this book doesn't have the best reviews so I'm a little hesitant to go into it. And finally, I purchased The Art Thief by Noah Charney. This is a thriller-mystery novel centered around priceless pieces of artwork going missing and the quest to uncover who is behind it all. I haven;t read a mystery novel in seriously the longest time so this will definitely be the one to bring me into the genre.

And that wraps up my February book haul. There are two more hauls coming your way. I know I said back in March that I was going to limit my book buying for the month of April...that did not happen. But I will be limiting my book buying going into the month of May. I need to start saving some money and I really need to start reading the books that I do have because that TBR pile just keeps growing and growing! Wish me luck!

Cheers xo

Comments