Chicago Day 1ish (Taking Flight)

Greetings all!

Oooh, it's time for the much awaited Chicago post. Well posts actually! It'll definitely be more than one!

But I think we'll start off with the take off.
 We didn't fly direct to O'hare, instead we flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta and then to O'hare.
 I am not big on flying, which is a funny statement considering I do it quite often. The truth is I'm terrified of flying. I hate heights, I hate the take off, I hate the actual flying part. The only part of flying I like is the landing because it means I'll be on solid ground again.
And when I say terrified I mean it. But over the years I've learned how to cope with my fear. I chew a lot of gum, I listen to music, and write a lot. I free write about any and everything just to get my mind off of the fact that I'm thousands of feet in the air.
This was my mom and I on our way to the airport. It was just us for this trip because we were going up to surprise my Aunt for her 60th birthday. But more on that later!
I have to credit my mom for this picture because it really is hers. Look at the moon. Just look at it. It's so big and yet so small. Look at the way the Earth just ends and then it becomes nothing but sky. I have to admit that this picture scares me a bit. It's so high and so vast, but it's so beautiful in the same. It's breathtaking really.
 We arrived in Atlanta late in the day. The sun was setting and I was so happy about that. Flying at night doesn't scare me the way flying during the day does. I know it sounds crazy right? But it's because at night I can't tell how high we are. During the day you can see the ground and the clouds. But at night all you see it little dots of lights. Everything's black and gold, it sparkles. It's calming to me. Sometimes during day flights I'll work up enough courage to look out the window or take a picture, which is why I have a couple.
The sunset though, I mean look at it, it's beautiful.
And then we were off on our last leg of the trip. Chicago bound for sure. Day turned to night and we flew over the city.
Night shots never come out that great for me but never the less, it was beautiful.
And so begun our weekend trip to Chi Town!

Tomorrow I'll show you around a bit.
Cheers xo

Comments