Milano Day 2 - The Galleria

Buongiorno!

Last time we explored Castello Sforzesco and today we're going shopping in the Galleria!
But before we can go shopping shopping we have to actually get to the Galleria. If you remember, last time we were in Italy we were in front of Castello Sforzesco so let's pick up there!
The tower looks really beautiful doesn't it? The temperature had cooled a bit because of the overcast and thank goodness for that because we had a bit of a walk ahead of us.
I thought this street art was so cool. It reminded me of like a creepy version of Spongebob Squarepants!
There was an Expo going on in Milano while we were there. I don't really know what an Expo is but we found one of the buildings across the street from the castle! It was so cool!
After more walking we finally were getting close. We took a quick little respite outside the gallery and just took in the sights around us.
Then. It was time to shop.
Look at this gorgeous entrance way into the Galleria.
This was one of the first store windows from where we walked in. I thought that little Mona Lisa in the top left corner was so cute!!
 Everything was so designer and so chic. And I just absolutely adore all of the architecture!
Everything from the beautiful floor..
To the magnificent ceiling..It took my breath away.
That's me being swallowed up by the magnificent architecture that surrounded me.
After we made our way through the Galleria we reemerged on the other side to see another beautiful sight, the Duomo Milano. It's all really something isn't it? Can you imagine what it must have been like to be here back in the early 1900's? Or even earlier? I think about those things a lot.
After our time at the Galleria we were hungry do we ate at a little cafe right across the street  from the Duomo.
It was al fresco lunch with a beautiful view!
I had to use the little bathroom inside of the cafe. And while the steep walk down stairs was kind of terrifying, everything at the bottom was gold. So of course I had to snap a quick pic.
After lunch we did some more shopping around the local area. It's when i discovered my love for OVS. And of course the architecture around the neighborhood was super cool. This picture doesn't even do this building justice! I was so impressed.
Later that night, after we had all taken a much needed map, we ventured back out and ate outside at a little local restaurant, not too far from hotel.
The view of this street was reminiscent of when I went to Paris when I was young. Maybe it's the way the buildings looked, or the quiet peace of sitting on the street enjoying my meal. I don't know, but it was nice.
I have to end off with this picture, this is what the hallway looked like at our hotel. When I came up the elevator and steeped into the hallway it was like I was seeing it for the first time and I was so inspired by the way this hallway looked. It's funny how the simplest of things can be so spectacular.

Anyway, that sums up my two days in the city of Milano. But of course my Italy trip isn't over yet! We're about to hop on a train and make the journey over to my new love, Venezia!!
Cheers xo

Comments