"A Paris Year" Review

C'est la vie a Paris!

Bonjour!
Over my spring break I took I trip to Paris through Jancie MacLeod's beautiful book A Paris Year. 
I randomly found this book on BookOutlet a while back and snatched it up. I love Paris! I visited once when I was 15 and I've pretty much been obsessed ever since and all I want is to travel back, especially now that I'm old enough to drink and really appreciate everything Paris has to offer. But since I can't afford to travel to Paris this book was the next best thing. The way MacLeod describes the city it was as though I was living vicariously through her words, photos, and drawings.
I didn't go on any big spring break trips. Honestly, I just stayed home and did homework, read, and slept lol! So reading this book really made feel like I got to travel.
This is the perfect book to read if you love Paris and you want to see it through a new eye.
I've added some photos of some of my favourite pictures
Hands down I gave this book 5 stars. Not only because of the beautiful photography and doodles, but because this book inspired me in a way that a book hadn't done in a long time. There's a part in the book where she talks about photography and shooting photos in a study of colour that inspired me the most and it something I'd like to try this summer. It also turned me on to new books, music, and ideas. So when a book can inspire me, it definitely gets 5 stars. Not to mention (which I definitely already did but I have to say it again) this book literally transported me to Paris.
Well done Janice MacLeod. I can't wait to get my hands on her other book Paris Letters!
Cheers xo

Comments