Mid Year Freak Out Tag

Happy Late Mid Year!

I've seen this tag go around a lot this summer and I decided to hope on the trend (even if it is super late lol!) Being that this is my first tag ever, I hope it turns out okay! I got my questions from Paper Fury's blog, which I've linked.
Anyway, let's go one with the tag questions!

#1: Best sequel of the year so far:
This is an year one for me! It has to go to Obsidio by Amy Kaufman & Jay Kristoff! This is the third, and final installment in the Illumiae Files series and it was a perfect end to the trilogy. I've honestly never read a better series in my life and this book tied everything together in such a perfect bow. If you haven;t read the series yet, I highly recommend it!


#2: New release that you haven't read yet, but want to:
For this question i decided to go with War Storm by Victoria Aveyard, which was released on May 15th of this year. War Storm is the final installment in the Red Queen series and it's the largest book in the series too. I have to be honest, I haven't King's Cage yet either. So I definitely need to get on reading the last two books in this series. I'm feeling a reading binge coming on!


#3: Most anticipated autumn release:
For this question I have to go with The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy which is the second book in the Montague Siblings series by Mackenzi Lee. I'm currently reading The gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue and I am LOVING it!! It's everything I want in a historical fiction and more! And so, I can only imagine that the next book is going to bring me the most pleasure ever. Too bad I have to wait until October 2nd for it to be released!


#4: Biggest disappointment of the year so far:
I have two. The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace and Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke. So... I'll have a full review for Amanda Lovelace's poetry book coming out soon, just as soon as I read the sequel book (which I;m getting from the library because I don;t want to pay for it). You'll be able to read my full review then. As for Wink Poppy Midnight, I think this is my actual biggest disappointment because I didn't expect it to be bad, I had really high hopes. And it started off pretty strong, the writing is like poetry. Unfortunately, I got halfway through and nothing actually happened. I haven;t actually DNFed it yet but... I'm close.


#5: Biggest Surprise of this year:
The Martian by Andy Weir. because i didn't think I'd like this book as much as I did. I was super intimated by this book before I went into it. I've read sci-fi before, but more fantasy based sci-fi, not sci-fi that was really scientific. I pretty much failed all my science classes in high school because I am not very science minded. i thought this book would be too hard for me to understand but Weir's writing style made it really accessible and fun to read. Definitely 5 stars for being so funny and making me want to read even more sci-fi this year.


#6: Newest favourite author:
Janice MacLeod!!!!! I literally can't say enough about how much I LOVED A Paris Year. It's seriously one of my favourite books of this year so far and I'm about to start reading her other book Paris Letters. I can't wait to be dropped back into the streets of Paris.


#7: Newest favourite character: 
I have a few. Amy Gumm, Nox, and even Madison from the Dorothy Must Die series by Danielle Paige. I pretty much binged this entire series during the months of June and July. This made great travel books, I took them with me to Poland. First of all, Amy Gumm is my queen, I related to her like no other character. Her love story with Nox is great and after really getting to know Madison in the final book, I decided that I really liked her too.


#8: Book that made you cry:
Sticking with the same series here, The End of OZ made me bawl like a baby. The actual end of the book had me seriously crying with its twists and turns and up and downs! It was a rollercoaster that was not emotionally prepared for but it left me seriously satisfied. Although, there was a tiny cliffhanger that Paige left at the ever end that I'm kinda, sorta, definitely going to need another book to answer!


#9: Book that made you happy:
The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking of course! The whole book is happiness! And honestly, it really did make me feel happier by the end of it. Maybe it was because I brought this book with me to Copenhagen, the literal centre of happiness, and I could see what Wiking was talking about in real life.


#10: Most beautiful book I've read so far:
By and far, it's Daytripper  by Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba. The artwork in this graphic novel is seriously the most beautiful artwork I have ever seen in a graphic novel. I need to reread the book to only look at the artwork. i think I could spend days just studying it and it still wouldn't be long enough to drink in all the details.


As of today, I've read 35 out of the 50 book goal I've set for this year and I couldn't be happier! I definitely think I'll hit my 50 book goal for the year and I'm not freaking out about it all, not too much at least. It;s been a great year for reading so far and I hope it only gets better!
Cheers xo


Comments