August Book Haul

Bonjour!

August was a big book buying month for me! Unintentionally of course lol. I really didn't mean to buy so many book this month but Books-A-million was having a summer sale and I got really lucky when thrifting. So overall, I bought 13 books this month!
I definitely need to cut back next month because there are so many great new releases coming out in October that I know I'm definitely going to want! So, without further ado, let's get into the haul!
Target:
I bought three books from Target this month. The first one I've talked about before, it's The Princess Saves Herself in this One by: Amanda Lovelace.
Next, I bought Heartless by: Marissa Meyer, mostly because it was a super good deal but also because I've never read a Marissa Meyer book. I also love retellings and this one is a retelling of the Red Queen from Alice.
Finally, I bought Crazy Rich Asians by: Kevin Kwan. I have been wanting to read this book for so long but I just never got around to buying it. I was going to try and read the book before I saw the movie, but the likelihood of that happening was honestly very low. And I saw the movie over this past weekend (IT WAS AMAZING BTW!) and that's what spurred me to go out and finally buy the book. I can;t wait to dive into the story now!


Barnes n Noble:
I only bought one book from B&N this month and it is Artemis by Andy Weir. Artemis is what got me to read The Martian because I hears the sample of Artemis on audiobook and it sounded so good that I wanted to read Andy Weir's first novel before I read this one. and ever since I finished reading The Martian earlier this month I could not stop thinking about Artemis so went out and bought it!


Goodwill:
I had a surprising amount of luck at Goodwill this month!
The first book I got is The School for Good & Evil by: Soman Chainani. I heard really good things about this middle-grade series and it's been on my radar for a while now but I kind of forgot about it until I saw it on the book shelf at Goodwill. And who could beat the price of $1?
The second book I got was The Girl Who Soarded Over Fairyland & Cut the Moon in Two by: Catherynne M. Valente and illustrations by: Ana Juan. I don;t know too much about this book because it's the third book in the Fairyland series. There are quite a few books in this middle-grade series and I pulled it off the shelf because of the beautiful cover and the title seemed interesting. I don;t read a lot of middle-grade but it honestly sounds pretty good.
The final book I bought is Love, Lucy by: Lucille Ball and this is her autobiography. I actually owned this book before I bought this one however, I owned a mass marketed paperback edition that was pretty beat up. This one is hardcover and it;s in much better condition than the first one. And since I got the first copy for pretty cheap I didn't mind rebuying another cheap version of this book especially since I'll definitely read this version because the font is bigger and pages are nicer.


Books-A-Million
And last, but not least, I bought six books from Books-A-Million. I don;t normally shop at Books-A-Million because there is literally only one in South Florida and I haven't been back in a long while. But I went in the other day and saw that they were having a summer blow-out sale and the prices were really good! I just couldn't help myself!
1. Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by: Maya Van Wagenen is a memoir that follows the author through one year of school where she does follows all the rules from a 1950's guide on popularity. The author herself is super young, she's only 16 years old which is amazing! I didn't know that when I bought the book, I just bought it because the premise sounded amazing. Now I can;t wait to read it and learn more about Maya!
2. Infinite Sea by: Rick Yancey is the sequel to The 5th Wave, which I read maybe two years ago and I really liked it then but I never bought the sequel. The 5th Wave is actually one of the first science fiction books I ever read and it's what got me into sci-fi so I can't wait to reread the first book and continue on with this series.
3. Wink Poppy Midnight by: April Genevieve Tucholke is a book that I will definitely be talking about more on my blog so I wouldn't say too much here.
4. Dangerous Deception by: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl is the sequel to Dangerous Creatures which is a spin-off of the Beautiful Creatures series. What a mouthful! I haven't read the first book and i haven;t finished the original series but I'm feeling more motivated to do so now that I have a complete series.
5. The Dark Days Club by: Aliso Goodman is a historical, paranormal fiction book set in London, 1812. Need i really say more though? It has all of my things in one book: history, romance, London! I'm pretty pumped about this one.
6. The Diabolic by: S.J. Kincaid is another sci-fi where the main character has to pretend to be human to protect herjcharge. I'm in a huge sci-fi mood right now, having just finished The Martian. This one is definitely going to be on my TBR pile for next month!
That's all the books I snagged this month! I'm really going to try hard to not spend money on books in the month of September and just wait for all those delicious October releases that are coming out soon!
Cheers xo




Comments